Every gas appliance needs a Gas Safety Certificate

As a landlord you need a Gas Safety Certificate or CP12 for every gas appliance in your rental property. It’s a legal requirement and each individual certificate has to be renewed every year. Without them you risk a hefty fine, and the appliances may be unsafe for tenants to use.

At iSafe Gas, we take pride in delivering a world-class service that aligns with the values upheld by Which?, the renowned consumer organization. As an approved Trusted Trader, we prioritize your safety above all else. Our accreditation signifies our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, expertise, and customer care.

Why Choose us?

You can rest easy knowing that your boiler, service & repair needs are in safe hands with iSafe gas. We offer a wide range of benefits to ensure you never have any worries about being left out in the cold!

Fixed Price Guarantee

Highly Qualified And Accredited Engineers

Highly Rated Reviews

Free in home survey to get the boiler to suit your needs

Leading boiler manufacturers

0% finance available

Boiler Aftercare Provided

Which Trusted Trader

The easy way to protect your tenants and your property

One of our iSafe Gas engineers will call round once a year to safety check or service the appliances in your rental property. It keeps you within the law, and keeps your appliances in great working order. It may even help to extend their service life.

We’ll send a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate to you or your letting agency, so you know everything’s safe and ready to use. If there are any emergency repairs needed, we can help with these too

What’s included with the service

Our engineer will make sure your boiler is safe and working well when we do your annual service. And you’ll get a checklist of everything we’ve done. Our engineer will:

  • Check for leaks and signs of wear
  • Test the gas pressure
  • Ensure there are no carbon monoxide leaks
  • Complete your landlord Gas Safety Certificate

Why do I have to have all my gas appliances inspected?

If you own them and they’re there for your tenants to use, it’s a legal requirement for you to have a gas safety record for any that are over a year old.

How will I know when my Gas Safety Certificate runs out?

We will contact you or your letting agency several times before it runs out, so you can make sure you’ve got an appointment booked in.

Do I need an electrical safety certificate?

Legally you need an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) if you have a rental property in Scotland or if you have a house of multiple occupancy. But it is your responsibility as a landlord to make sure your property’s safe, as well as all the appliances being safe to use before a new tenant moves in. If you do have properties in Scotland, and need an EICR we can help with that.

If I have more than one gas appliance, do I have to pay extra?

Yes. We can service or check all the gas appliances you have for your tenants to use, if you pay a bit more. So your gas safety record has the details of all of your gas appliances, we need to inspect them all. But it’s up to you what product you choose. You can pick a minimum safety check or a full annual service and cover for repairs.


How to keep your tenants safe
Fire safety is a serious concern for both tenants and landlords. The regulations are many and complex, so you should take the time to familiarise yourself with the ones that affect you.
We’ve put together some hints and tips to give you an overview. And we’ve added some of our own recommendations to help you keep your tenants and your property safe.

Government advice for landlords
For more information and advice, visit the Housing and local services pages of the government website. Click on the Renting Out Your Property section, and you’ll find basic fire regulations, as well as Health and Safety information and details of your tax liabilities.
There are also a number of landlord associations offering information and courses to their members.

Some simple rules
There are some easy-to-follow basic regulations that all landlords should follow. They cover things like smoke alarms and fire safety risk assessments and are the minimum requirements for any type of rental property.
It isn’t a comprehensive list, but it should give you an idea of some of the things to look out for.
Smoke alarms
You must have a smoke alarm on every floor of your property. It’s a legal requirement, and you should test all of them at the beginning of every tenancy. Any room with a solid fuel appliance also needs a carbon monoxide alarm.

Fire safety checklist

  • Local and national – Follow local council and national safety regulations
  • Smoke alarm – Have a smoke alarm on every storey of your property
  • Escape routes – Check your tenants can access escape routes at all times
  • Carbon monoxide alarm – Fit a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel appliance
  • Gas Safety Certificate – Make sure all furniture is Fire Safe
  • Electrical Safety Condition Report – Consider having an Electrical Safety Condition Report (mandatory in Scotland and for all HMOs
  • Fire alarms – Fit fire alarms and provide fire extinguishers in larger properties such as HMOs
  • Furniture – Make sure all furniture is Fire Safe


Keeping Scotland's homes safe, giving you that continuous peace of mind, so you can focus on what matters to you

Delivering safe outcomes


Relationships built on trust

Future proofing homes efficiently